Personnel administration and management 4/e
- Cloete JJN
- ISBN: 9780627022692
- eISBN: N/A
- ePub ISBN: N/A
- 264 Pages | Published: 1997
Summary This book deals with personnel administration as it is seen in the public sector of South Africa, and it provides guidelines for the successful performance of numerous staffing functions. It serves as an appropriate publication for everybody engaged in the management of human resources or affected by the manner in which staffing functions are performed. Lecturers and students in public administration will find it particularly useful.
1. The place of personnel administration in public administration
2. Scope and content of public personnel administration
3. Generic administrative functions and personnel administration
4. Organisational arrangements for personnel administration
5. Personnel records
6. Creation, evaluation and classification of posts
7. Filling of posts
8. Programming for provision and utilisation of personnel
9. Evaluation of personnel: merit rating
10. Training and development
11. Remuneration and other conditions of service
12. Employee conduct - discipline and grievances
14. Counselling of employees, protection against diseases and injuries, and research
15. Unionism and labour relations
16. Termination of service
All source material (excluding figures and tables) has been supplied in an editable format (Microsoft Office) and you can fully customise it to your needs.
Please click on the link below to access the Lecturer Support Material (LSM) portal:
If this is the first time you access Van Schaik Publishers LSM, you will need to register and set up a profile. Once your registration has been approved you will be sent an email and will then be able to request access to the resources you need for a particular book. You will also be able to request access to the resources of additional books using your profile.
We welcome any suggestions regarding new or additional resources. For any queries or feedback please contact our digital publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org. The material available varies from book to book and may also be developed further over time.
If you are uncertain about the registration and access request procedures, please download the LSM Manual.
Lecturer Support Material is available free to lecturers who lecture on courses where the book is prescribed but samples are also available should you wish to review what is available as part of your prescribed book selection process. Please contact your Marketer for access to the sample LSM.
Student requests for LSM will not be entertained and any attempts by students to access lecturer support material will be reported to a student’s lecturer or to the Head of Department.